Monday, March 9, 2009

25 random things, that are great, in my memory.

1. when driving down the road and you see someone jogging, and they just so happen to be jogging at the same beat as the music you are listening to. My most recent case of this, was when smack that" by Akon was on the radio and an 80 year old man was jogging, if you could call it that, and his arms were moving to the exact tempo of the song. And at the pace he was moving, which was obviously slow, it made it look like he was busting a move. I pulled over because I was laughing so hard.

2. Simply this website, Augmented Reality. Freaking cool. http://ge.ecomagination.com/smartgrid/#/augmented_reality

3. The summer of 2000, driving around in my silver '87 dodge shadow, listening to southtown by POD very very loud.


4. Likewise, driving to fellowship league softball games with Josh and sometimes Brenner, blaring "higher" by creed to get us fake pumped and laugh.

5. The conversation I had with my wife on our first date. We talked about music and a tad about fashion, which I totally BS'ed because I liked her.

6. Knowing that my prayers, and of course the prayers of many others for my best friends Dad really really paid off.

7. The book CrazyLove. Read it.

8. The day I found my 2nd car, a banged up 98 eclipse. I was obsessed with that car, and got it for so cheap. I was pumped and a single tear fell.

9. Being able to introduce Family Force 5 at a concert as "fresh off of winning the World Championship of Rock and Roll Tournament." The was asked to dance with them on stage later in the show.

10. Old school Dc Talk. Such as...


11. Dressing up at Halloween as stuff that is very very politically incorrect.

12. Eating at the weeny stand in Lynchburg, Virginia. Then immediately leaving for a 5 hour road trip with CrossCulture. Never a good idea. Thanks Scott for driving around the gas station 2 times before stopping.

13. Everything about the movie Swingers.

14. Driving around with no purpose whatsoever with Nick Kameno my first year at Liberty.

15. Being able to judge people that wanted to be in CoffeeHouse at Liberty University. I miss that so terribly. Looking at Alese trying to keep a straight face is one of my fondest memories.

16. Being surprised with Coldplay tickets for my 22nd birthday by LaRae and then after waiting and building up the hype in my mind, the concert blew that out of the water. even with the crappy opener of Fiona Apple.

17. The program Photoshop. Thank you whoever wrote code for this. It helps pass time in a proactive sort of way.

18. Showing up at an open mic night contest to support someone that was supposed to sing, that person bailed and Jake Katterhenry wanted to do something so we did, and won. We got 50 bucks for the restaurant it was at. I ate lunch there the next day.

19. Helping my brother put together the youth group at a church in Louisville. Weird people, but there were some good laughs with Josh, Travis, Brenner and me.

20. The first weekend that Matt Shanlian visited Liberty before he transfered. It was a good weekend. Just a lot of laughs and Cedric got Danielle Macarthy to eat a dog treat, and cry because he convinced her she was a tad racist.

21. Rolling my window down and blaring music every time I cross the Ohio River. Only missed one time, because I couldn't find any music.

22. Cabo San Lucas Honeymoon. Being able to see the Pacific Ocean from the shower, kitchen, front door, etc...is pretty cool.

23. Before Josh transfered to Liberty he came and visited me. It was over valentines day and I was driving him around Lynchburg just showing him around. We came over the hill in downtown Lynchburg and there were at least 100 men dressed in red dresses. It was the annual "5k red drag race."

24. Mullet hunting with LaRae at the Wayne County Fair.

25. The third verse of. It Is Well, "My Sin O the bliss, of this glorious thought, my sin, not in part, but the whole. Was nailed to the cross, and I bare it no more. Praise the Lord praise the Lord o, my soul." well done Horatio Spafford

No comments: