Friday, January 18, 2013

Bands.

If you didn't know...I like music. I was just perusing some old music and it made me want to write a blog about some very underrated music (at least underrated in these here parts). My wife, LaRae, always calls me a music elitist, which I guess is true, but I just like well written sustainable music. I like all different kinds of music from folky to hip hop, and almost everything between that (still waiting for some folky hip hop tho). So I made a little list to brag on some good stuff. Everyone I write about here I would highly recommend to anyone, whatever your musical taste. And the reason I am writing about them is because I think they should be substantially more popular than they currently are.

The Frames. Glen Hansard is such an under rated and overlooked writer/musician. If you doubt then go listen to the bands album 'Fitzcarraldo.' Specifically listen to 'Say it to me now.' This album was released in 1996. Then he performed it stripped down in the movie 'Once,' which another of his songs won an oscar for. But this song holds up, 17 years after release. I know, at least for me, that when a song triggers a want and desire for me to grab some sort of an instrument and write something, it's good music. And this song makes me feel that every single time. Check out original here... then the one featured in the movie...



Paper Route. I continually mention this band, because they are just all around solid. If you like the current trend of music (electronic-y), but also like indy band stuff, Paper Route will become your favorite band. For real. For example just listen to the track below, and after I will bet 9 people out of 10 will think 'how are they not more popular?!' and...Go.



This Will Destroy You. This is an instrumental rock band. There are probably a lot of these bands, but I  think 3 stand alone- 'Explosions in the Sky,' 'Hammock,' and this band. Their first album is 'louder' - with the use of amps pushed to the limit, and it was great, but their newest album is one where you can score a movie with it, or put it in the background of your day. Take a gander...



I just wanted to point out some great music for y'all to jump into.  Give it a listen and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading.


3 comments:

oakleyses said...

replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, polo outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike roshe, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, nike free, kate spade outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, vans outlet, valentino shoes, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, lancel, instyler, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe run, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, hollister, converse outlet, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, iphone cases, bottega veneta, p90x workout, converse, nfl jerseys, gucci, babyliss, chi flat iron, insanity workout, mcm handbags, vans, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, oakley, hermes belt, timberland boots, baseball bats, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, ghd hair, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon, nike trainers uk, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, beats by dre, north face outlet

chenlina said...

cleveland cavaliers jerseys
ugg outlet
coach outlet online
gucci outlet store
michael kors uk
canada goose
burberry outlet
ray ban glasses
louis vuitton outlet
moncler paris
chenlina20161221