Friday, June 25, 2010

All I need is You.

I am sure that you have heard the song, 'All I Need is You' by Hillsong. But if you haven't...
This song doesn't declare something new, or something that people don't think about. God is all we need. He comes even before food, water and shelter, because if you rely on God the rest will work itself out, I truly believe that, even though I barely act like that. But thats not my point. Every Christian knows, all that they need is God, even if they don't act like it.
The problem is that God isn't all we want. We want so much more, and we now have grown so accustomed to getting it, that if we don't get it we start declaring that it has become a need, so we can justify getting it. I am sorry I should stop using the word 'we.' I want so much more sometimes and I act like they are needs.
I know God is the only true necessity, because if my soul is safe then what does my body need, but when I turn wants into needs I overlook how gracious God has been to me.

Psalm 84 - "my soul thirst for God, for the living God.