Friday, October 2, 2009

My Date with Muse and I guess U2 too.

I have been eyeing this concert for quite some time. I am a huge Muse fan, and I guess it would be cool to say I went to a U2 show when I am 50 or something. But bottom line was I wanted to go. After back and forth and back and forth, I decided to live without it, because it was 2 and a half hours away and I didn't want to cancel worship practice for that selfish reason! So monday came and I had an email from one of the guys in the worship team telling me he could not make practice, three hours later 3 more said they couldn't. I was disappointed because I love practice, but then I remembered that this concert was this night. So things worked out amazingly well. And here is my time line of events leading up to the MUSE/u2 concert.

5ish meet up with my ticket bearer Mark Brewer at harris teeter grocery.

5:30ish Tag along with them go a cookout where even they don't know everyone. Oh well, I eat a hotdog and burger and get a little ancy that we will miss Muse.


6:35 really starting to get nervous that we will miss em. Check iPhone to see how long the walk is from the house to the stadium... 2 miles. Eee.

6:48 we leave, walking and sweating. Quickly realizing how much I hate food and how much I need to use my gym membership.

7:10 still walking, glance down at phone to see what time it is. But I can see the stadium and I don't hear anything, that is a good sign.

7:23 get in, immediatly walk past first security and get to the 100 dollar seats, Muse immediatly begin to play, like they were just waiting for me, Mark and Rachel follow me to our stolen seats. Stay there for just 1 song.



7:35 watch the rest of muse standing where are seats are. Flat out best band of musicians in the world. I'm totally serious. Better then the album. Awesome.

8:07 muse ends I shed a tear.



8:20 Looking for ways to sneak down to the stage. Not because I am a die hard U2 fan, but because I love doing that. Don't ask me why. I put a plan together in my head that involves crawling under the temporary aluminum stairs when it gets dark so that the security don't see. but I my luck was much better then that because.....


8:36 I find a blue wrist band, so I just walk down to floor seats. Absolutely hilarious. I feel like i am awesome right now.
(compare previous picture to this one, i moved 100 yards closer. proud.)


9pm Bono and the rest of u2 appear on stage, Bono appears to be doing some sort of air wheelbarrow move. Ladies beside me keep yelling the F-word followed by, one was followed by..."I would so lick his toes" they are both in their late 40's

9:03 weed is lit up to the right of me.

9:15 now lit up to the left

9: 20 convinced that if I was to undergo a routine drug test I would probably fail.

9:25 Beautiful Day comes on and people freak out like they just saw Jesus in the clouds. Me, excited? Yes, but I already peed my pants for Muse.

9:45 Because U2 has already played my favorite song, and I know "where the streets have no name" will be late in the concert if not an encore. I begin to direct my attention to the drunk/crazy fans. the next 2 videos will depict them...


I leave early because I want to sleep in my own bed, and be functional at work in the morning. Yes, I left U2 early, probably 40 minutes early and would do it again, Because Hysteria and Knights of Cydonia were the high point in my night. I heart you Muse.

Thank you LaRae for making it possible for me to go! I love you

3 comments:

onlyhuman79 said...

THANKS for the Post!! very cool I was there too! but always love Videos! I am posting some soon as well! ( acquaintance of the Brewer's)

oakleyses said...

replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, polo outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike roshe, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, nike free, kate spade outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, vans outlet, valentino shoes, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, lancel, instyler, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe run, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, hollister, converse outlet, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, iphone cases, bottega veneta, p90x workout, converse, nfl jerseys, gucci, babyliss, chi flat iron, insanity workout, mcm handbags, vans, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, oakley, hermes belt, timberland boots, baseball bats, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, ghd hair, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon, nike trainers uk, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, beats by dre, north face outlet